Pomeranians are cute, fluffy dogs that are popular because of their small size. They tend to be a bit high maintenance so you may be tempted to get the cutest, fluffiest, the most expensive dog bed you can find. This isn’t necessary. You just need to find a bed that suits them, not one that breaks your wallet.
In this guide, we’ll give you suggestions on five of the top beds that would suit your dog and after we’ll tell you everything you need to know about choosing a great bed for your Pomeranian. Keep reading to find out more.
Five of the Best Dog Beds for Pomeranians
1. YesBears Ultra-Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
You don’t always have to spend a lot of money to get the best bed for your Pomeranian. The YesBears dog bed is a budget-priced option that has all the qualities of a good bed for a Pomeranian. It has a unique design and is built to last a long time.
The cushion inside the bed is a memory foam cushion with massage pressure dots. This gives your dog a comfortable place to relax and relieve stress on the joints. The base is surrounded by a cotton fiber-filled bolster that will give your dog that feeling of “security” that they love.
The back of the bed is designed into a big paw shape with embroidered paw pads on it. Your dog can snuggle up to this paw for extra comfort and security.
The base of the bed is covered with a microfiber material that is water-resistant and tear-resistant. Overall, it’s a great bed at a great price.
- The 360-degree zipper is tucked in between the bottom cushion bolster, so your dog won’t snag it.
- It comes with a cute fleece dog blanket.
- Anti-slip paw-dots base.
- Memory foam is four inches thick.
- The bolster is not tear-resistant.
- It only comes in one color: brown.
2. Blueberry Pet Heavy Duty Pet Bed
The Blueberry Pet dog bed is a functional dog bed that comes in a variety of sizes, colors, and interesting prints. The cover is removable and machine washable.
It won’t lose shape or color when you wash it. The bed is also in an affordable price range so even if you have a small budget you can still get a good quality bed.
The cover is made of cotton, linen, and polyester – this combination is known as a summer blend. This is because it is designed to keep your dog cool, so he/she stays at a comfortable temperature while sleeping.
The inside of the bed is filled with five pillows containing a recyclable cotton microfiber material. This makes the bed soft and plush and perfect for your Pomeranian.
- Available in eight different colors/prints.
- You can buy additional covers so you can have backups or color options.
- It comes with a soft, bone-shaped pillow.
- Doesn’t come assembled – you must stuff the bed yourself.
- It doesn’t have a lot of support for older dogs with joint problems.
3. BarkBox 2-in-1 Memory Foam Dog Cuddler Bed
It’s great when you can get two uses out of one product. That makes it an excellent value. In the case of this BarkBox dog bed, you can use it as a dog bed, or you can use the removable mattress as a crate lounger. This will come in handy if you plan to travel with your dog.
The mattress is made of gel memory foam which is great for older dogs who are dealing with hip dysplasia or other joint problems. The gel part offers cooling comfort, so your dog doesn’t overheat while they sleep.
The mattress is encased in a zippered cover and then it’s placed inside the bigger cover, so it’s double covered. The extra cover is for when you use it as a crate lounger. This is one of the most comfortable beds you can get for your Pomeranian.
- It’s vacuum-packed so shipping costs are low.
- It comes with a free squeak toy and a paper crown.
- Gel foam top layer regulates temperature.
- The fabric is not waterproof.
- No replacement parts are available.
- It only comes in gray.
4. Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed is a luxurious choice that will keep your dog comfortable and joint-pain free.
The cover is made from 100 percent suede fabric and is pet hair resistant so it’s easy to clean. It’s also very resistant to tearing so your dogs can play as much as they want on their bed. Suede is a fabric that keeps you cool so that’s another advantage of this bed for your dog.
The mattress is also a superior quality product. It’s made from a high-quality memory foam that is so comfortable it would be suitable for a baby. It has a water-resistant liner and it’s 2.5 inches thick so it’s perfect for a Pomeranian.
Your Pomeranian can hop on the bed quickly and easily to relax and feel secure with the bolsters surrounding the bed. With a non-skid bottom and hidden zippers, this is a perfect choice for a Pomeranian.
- It has a one-year warranty.
- Hidden zippers to prevent snagging.
- Non-skid bottom.
- It only comes in four colors, all in the brown family.
- Suede stains easily.
5. The Yorkshire Collection Handmade Button Tufted Pet Bed
We’ve made it to the most luxurious dog bed on the list. If you like to pamper your Pomeranian like royalty, you’ll love this amazing dog bed.
The dog bed is made by Tov, a company that designs luxury furniture (for humans). They put the same craftsmanship in this dog bed as they do all their products.
The dog bed is more like a throne with the handcrafted wooden frame, the exquisite and boldly dyed velvet fabric, the button-tufted back design, and the nail-head trim. This dog bed is so luxurious that it might be more upscale than any of the furniture in your home right now!
The best part about this bed is that it’s not just eye-candy. It provides superior comfort for your dog. The comfortable velvet cushion is filled with a plush microfiber that supports your dog while giving him/her a soft place to rest.
- It comes in three bold, beautiful colors.
- The velvet cushion is washable.
- The bed is as high-quality as a luxury sofa would be.
- Velvet is can make your dog hot.
- Besides the cushion, the rest of the bed is not washable.
Do You Really Need a Dog Bed?
Some people may be wondering if they even need a dog bed for their Pomeranian. The truth is, it depends on quite a few factors. In most cases, you’ll definitely need a dog bed. We’ll explain.
Pomeranians love their humans! This means that they may even want to sleep with their humans. This could be a good idea or a bad idea – it really depends on whether you want to share your bed or not.
Some people don’t like having dogs on the bed for hygienic reasons while others don’t mind for their dogs to sleep with them.
One thing is for certain – your Pomeranian is not going to be happy with sleeping on the floor. If you don’t want your dog sleeping on your bed, you need a dog bed.
How to Choose the Right Bed for a Pomeranian
In order to choose a suitable bed for your dog, it’s helpful to evaluate some of your dog’s qualities and personality traits. This will let you know what features are important when you’re looking for the perfect dog bed for your Pomeranian.
Qualities of a Pomeranian to Consider
- Pomeranians are long-haired dogs. Like most long-haired dogs, they don’t like a lot of heat. You should get a bed that will keep your dog cool.
- Weight gain can be a concern with Pomeranians because they tend to overeat (due to possibly being overfed). Keep this in mind and look for a bed that is easy for them to get into.
- Pomeranians aren’t the most adventurous dogs. In fact, they enjoy lounging around. You’ll want to get a dog bed that’s very comfortable.
- Safety and security is a high need for a Pomeranian. Being able to snuggle into a comfortable bed can provide this. If the bed is too big, it’s hard to snuggle in. Aim for something small.
- Pomeranians are prone to hip dysplasia and patella luxation, so they need a good bed with a lot of support.
Using these qualities and characteristics of a Pomeranian, you can easily figure out what features are important in a dog bed for a Pomeranian. In the next section, we’ll review some of these important features.
Features to Look for in a Dog Bed for a Pomeranian
Pomeranians are small, so logically you’ll be looking for a small dog bed. Keep in mind their need for snuggling so you don’t pick a bed that’s too big.
If possible, you should always get a dog bed that is washable or has a washable cover. Dogs’ skin builds up oil over the course of a few weeks and this oil can seep into the bed and cause a strange smell. You’ll also have a buildup of shedding fur and possible discharge from a female Pomeranian that’s in heat.
Getting a dog bed with paddings such as bolsters or orthopedic memory foam keeps your dog comfortable. In the case of Pomeranians, this is especially good to protect their joints.
Your Pomeranian needs to sleep on a fabric that is breathable and will keep him/her cool. Here are a few suggestions:
- Cotton is a great fabric for just about anything. It does wonder at keeping your dog cool.
- Faux Suede Microfiber Fabrics are durable, breathable, and can stand a ton of washes.
- Faux Leather is a great choice if it’s made of polyurethane because this material dissipates heat. It’s waterproof and easily cleaned by wiping it off with a damp cloth.
Many beds come with pillows, chew toys, or other accessories. While these don’t make a difference in the quality of the bed, having something extra can make you feel like your purchase is appreciated. Plus, your dog will be even happier.
While you don’t have to spend a small fortune on a Pomeranian’s bed, you don’t want to get cheap beds either. These will do nothing for the comfort and health of your dog and they’ll likely wear out fast.
However, don’t run to the opposite end of the spectrum – expensive beds are usually expensive because of the brand or the design. The most functional beds will be in the mid-price range, from $50 to $100.
There is a lot of decisions that go into picking out the perfect dog bed for your Pomeranian. You should look at this purchase as an investment. After all, your dog will be using it for years to come.
When you consider all the tips, we’ve given you above, you’ll see how much easier it is to shop for a bed. The perfect ones will jump out at you. You can make it even easier by choosing one of the five beds we reviewed above.
These beds are sure winners. They have just about everything you need for your Pomeranian to feels secure while sleeping safely and soundly in his/her very own bed.